Get ready to put on your detective hats and start the countdown because there is a lot of buzz surrounding one of Netflix’s popular French originals, Family Business. The show has gained tremendous popularity since its debut in 2019, and fans cannot wait to hear whether it will return for a fifth season. With some twists and turns along the way, we are here to give you an inside scoop on everything related to Family Business Season 5!
What is Family Business?
Family Business is a French comedy television series that premiered on Netflix in 2019. The show follows the story of Joseph, played by Jonathan Cohen, who decides to turn his family’s struggling kosher butcher shop into a marijuana coffee shop after learning about the recent legalization of cannabis in France.
The series has been praised for its humour and witty writing as it explores themes such as family dynamics, entrepreneurship, and drug culture. With each passing episode, viewers are kept on their toes with unexpected plot twists and turns.
Aside from its entertaining storyline, Family Business features an outstanding cast, including Gérard Darmon playing Joseph’s father; Julia Piaton portraying his sister; Liliane Rovère playing their grandmother; and Juliane Lepoureau taking up the role of cousin Aurélien.
Family Business has proven to be a refreshing addition to Netflix’s original programming lineup with its unique blend of comedy and drama that guarantees audiences plenty of laughs while keeping them hooked from beginning to end.
What happened in Season 4?
Season 4 of Family Business brought fans drama, romance, and unexpected twists. First and foremost, the show saw the launch and subsequent success of the family’s cannabis business in France. However, as with any family business, internal conflicts threatened to tear them apart. Joseph (Jonathan Cohen) struggled to balance his work responsibilities while being present for his wife and children. Meanwhile, Gérard (Gérard Darmon) was torn between loyalty to his family and wanting to start fresh with a new lover.
The arrival of a new character named Nadine (Liliane Rovère), who claimed to be Gérard’s long-lost love child from an affair he had many years ago, added another layer of complexity to their already complicated lives. As if that wasn’t enough drama for one season, viewers were left on edge after seeing Joseph arrested by French authorities in the final episode. With so much unresolved conflict hanging over their heads, fans eagerly anticipate what Season 5 will bring!
Will there be a Season 5?
- After the release of Season 4 in September 2020, fans eagerly anticipated the Family Business Season 5 announcement. The French comedy-drama series revolves around a Jewish family running a cannabis business in Paris and has gained a significant following since its debut on Netflix.
- Although there hasn’t been an official announcement from either Netflix or the show’s creators about the renewal for another season, there is still hope. The previous seasons have been successful and well-received by audiences worldwide, making it likely that they will continue with another instalment.
- Moreover, considering how Season 4 ended on a cliffhanger, it would be unfair to leave viewers without closure. Fans are anxious to know what happens after Joseph (Jonathan Cohen) gets arrested while trying to save his family’s reputation.
- Until an official statement from the production team surfaces, we can only speculate if Family Business will return for another season. However, given its popularity among audiences globally and how things were left off in the Season 4 finale episode – we remain hopeful!
When will Season 5 air?
Unfortunately, the answer isn’t as straightforward as we would like. Many productions have been delayed or put on hold with the ongoing pandemic. This has resulted in uncertainty for many TV shows’ release dates, including Family Business. There hasn’t been an official announcement about when Season 5 will premiere, but according to sources close to the show’s production team, filming has started and is expected to wrap up in a few months. Once post-production work is completed, we can expect some news regarding a release date.
However, based on past releases of previous seasons throughout September and October from Netflix – which distributes the show – fans are hoping this year won’t be any different. Hopefully, soon enough, we’ll know when Season 5 of this beloved series will become available so that fans can finally catch up with their favourite characters again!
Who is in the cast of Season 5?
Fans of Family Business are eagerly anticipating the return of their favourite show, and one question on everyone’s mind is who will be in the cast for Season 5? Of course, fans can expect to see regulars Jonathan Cohen (Joseph Hazan), Gérard Darmon (Gérard Hazan), Julia Piaton (Aurélie), and Liliane Rovère (Momo). But there are also going to be some new faces joining the fold. One notable addition to the cast is Catherine Jacob. The French actress has appeared in several popular films over her illustrious career and will bring fresh energy to this stellar ensemble.
There are rumours that several other big-name actors may be making guest appearances throughout the season, although nothing has been confirmed yet. Regardless, fans can rest assured that they’re in for another wild ride with this talented group of performers at the helm.
What can fans expect from Season 5?
- Family Business fans can expect an exciting and action-packed Season 5. The fourth season ended with a cliffhanger, leaving viewers wondering about the fate of the Hazan family’s cannabis business.
- In this new season, we will see whether or not Joseph (played by Jonathan Cohen) can successfully save his marijuana empire from falling apart. Fans are also eager to discover if Gérard Darmon will return as Henri Hazan and how he will fit into the storyline.
- Moreover, with Julia Piaton returning as Aurélie Hazan and Liliane Rovère reprising her role as Mamie Jaqueline, there is no doubt that the chemistry between these characters will continue to be enjoyable to watch.
- Season 5 promises more drama, humor, and unexpected twists. There may be some new faces joining the cast in guest roles too. Fans should brace themselves for another wild ride filled with hilarious moments and tense situations that keep them on their toes throughout each episode!
Family Business is a fantastic French series that has captured viewers’ hearts worldwide. From an engaging storyline to excellent acting and cinematography, it’s easy to see why fans eagerly await Season 5.
While there hasn’t been an official announcement regarding the release date for Season 5, rumours suggest that we may get to see our favourite characters back on screen this September. With new plot twists and exciting developments expected in the upcoming season, it’s certainly something you won’t want to miss.
Whether you’re a long-time fan or just discovering this outstanding series for the first time, Family Business Season 5 promises to be another thrilling ride full of drama and humour, so please mark your calendars and prepare yourself for what is sure to be another incredible chapter in the story of Joseph Hazan and his family business!